Tuesday, November 18, 2014

In The Silence

I have just returned from a Silent Retreat.  What a blessing it is to have silence. It is a little uncomfortable at first, but as the silence settles in and your prayer begins it takes on a new dimension which includes  listening.  Listening for Jesus to touch your heart, to stir your soul to inflame the smoldering embers that may have settled.  The silence is the stoking to stir the fire and yes I discovered that silence works.  It is nothing that the Church hasn't taught us since Jesus walked on earth, but sometimes it takes an invitation to discover the richness of silence and not just for an hour, but in this case, 72 hours. 
I also discovered that nearing the end, I didn't want it to end. 
The Beauty of Silence..it has been taught for thousands of years, and I finally caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment